Jul 21, 2012
Andaman and Nicobar for a splendid beach holiday
What can be greater after a year's hard work to get on a plane and visit the Andaman and Nicobar islands near the Bay of Bengal? It is a great idea as there is much to see and enjoy, especially the people and the culture. It’s away from the maddening crowd and a great place for snorkeling, scuba diving, a great shore line to take walks and the waters are clear and warm and great for a swim even in the evenings. Port Blair is the capital and the only entry and exit. Havelock is the most visited of the islands with the most infrastructure. You can relax on the beach with a cool martini and watch the children play.
Other islands to visit
• You can take a road trip to Diglipur to the far north and visit the Smith and Ross Islands. It is known as a great camping place and you can camp out overnight.
• Rutland Island is clean and quiet and has a mangrove forest and beautiful coral reefs. If you love wandering around this is a perfect place. The island is 274 square kilometers with a 45 acre resort which has quaint little huts. It is great for eco tourists and is used as a base camp for exploring the island.
• You can also visit Wandoor which is laid back and relaxed and has a national park and a luxury resort.
• If you want to know more about the other islands, Barren Island is the only island in India which has had a volcano.
• If you are a Robinson Crusoe type you can do some camping here. There are no amenities on this island and you are required to bring along your own food and camping gear.
• If you want surfing included in your holiday package the Little Andaman Island would have been perfect but it was devastated in the 2004 tsunami. You can find out more about this by checking the current situation in Port Blair.
The languages spoken in the Andaman Islands are English, Tamil, Bengali, and Telugu. Visiting the Andaman Islands is both a holiday and a cultural experience. The best weather is between mid January and mid May although the days are sunny for most of the year. What you should take into account is that the monsoon comes around in late May and lasts until the end of July when the island has strong winds, frequent downpours and low visibility; this is the worst time to visit the islands.
You can reach the Andaman Islands for your splendid Andoman Nicobar holiday by flying with JetLite, Kingfisher Red, SpiceJet, and Indian Airlines. Travelling by plane is cheaper than any other route. Your exit point from the Andaman Islands would be Port Blair.
Hotels and accommodation are inexpensive and you can register for a tour package where everything is included for a reasonable rate. They specialize in Andaman and Nicobar holiday and honeymoon packages and you can get a package that includes yacht services, scuba diving, fishing and snorkeling. The islands are beautiful with long stretches of pearly sand and you will make this your future and very splendid Andaman Nicobar beach holiday whenever you want to get away.