If you have had a long term relationship and it has come to an end after ten or more years, it is understandable that you would want to overcome the past and reinvent yourself. Realistically though, the best place to start is to first come to terms with what has happened in the relationship which has just ended and after some soul searching, go through the grieving stages and put it behind you. It is no use overhauling your wardrobe and you don’t overhaul your thinking. It is important that you get rid of your baggage and not bring it into any new relationship you might have.
• Start with a clean slate. Pretend you’re a stranger and ask yourself what went wrong with the relationship you were in. Be honest with your answers. You want to get through this first stage before meeting someone else. Also, you don’t want to launch into a new relationship right away. You want to be cautious this time around.
• To give yourself a whole new makeover for the new you, change your hairdresser and ask the new one to give you a perky look. If your hair is long and a little boring, she could give you a tint and a trim to give you a fresh appearance.
• If you have never worn lipstick, go out and buy a really hot color and put it on.
• If you are wearing skirts and blouses all the time, it will get a little monotonous and you can have three tailored suits made for the office you can rotate with different silk blouses and look professional every day. You want your clothes to look smart for the office, yet funky.
• Read some books on how to raise your self-esteem and go out and practice your new attitude on your friends. Don’t believe that anyone is better than you. Raise your confidence by reading books and reading articles such as the one you are reading now and learn how to be assertive. Men like women who know what they want; don’t be afraid to make friends.
• If you have never worn perfume, spend an afternoon at the perfume counter and go through the testers for a fragrance that suits your personality.
• It doesn’t hurt to tone up a little either by going for walks for half an hour. Most of all, you want the results of your overhaul to reflect your easy personality and your attractive look.