Education has come a long way since the advent of internet technology and has changed people’s lives by giving them the opportunity to be able to research anything at all at the touch of a key, and without leaving home.
Benefits for students
· The major benefit of technology allows young children to start the learning process at an early age and prepares them for the real world.
· A student can apply online for college or university and even look up subjects in the program he or she is interested in.
· A child who knows his way around the internet is more likely to be interested in learning new things. There is the danger of a child being exposed to a television screen for too long but parents can put rules in place. It also can be isolating if the child spends too much time indoors and do not play with his friends. This too can be countered by letting the child spend more time outdoors.
· Technology allows a single mother with kids to study for a degree and there are grants from the US government available to help her reach her goal.
· A person who has never worked in his or her life can write articles at home, start new writing projects or just do data entry, stuff envelopes and a slew of other jobs. All you need for any of the above is a computer and an internet connection.
· Internet technology brings people together and they can liaise with family members through Skype. The world has become a smaller place since people are able to speak on a screen and keep up to date on family matters.
· Most of all, you can use the internet no matter how old you are and be able to find out and research any topic you want knowing that you have to go no further than your computer desk. The above is but a taste of what technology allows you to do. Go online for more information.