Dec 13, 2012

Parkinson's linked with constipation





Living with Parkinson’s can be easy at times or quite difficult, depending on your attitude and how you view the disease and your time on earth. There is no doubt that living with the disease is difficult. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s a year ago. It was a huge shock for me as a writer and surely put my life in perspective.  Surprisingly, my right hand trembles less now than before and trembling is slight, but I now also rock myself back and forth while I write which gives me some kind of comfort. 


Content and structure

 I use my daily articles to monitor whether I can still write content and structure a book, whether an article is taking longer to get written, whether I struggle for words, whether I lose a writing thread and cannot connect again. I am willing to admit that I now take fifteen minutes or more of my usual time to structure and write a paragraph of this size. If the above makes sense and is error-free, I can only say thank you to God who gives me the wherewithal to continue writing. I am monitoring my own level of progress and am happy to report that I can still make sense on the page. As long as that happens I will write.


Monitoring the stages

No two days are the same when you are a Parkinson’s sufferer. You might feel great one day and lousy the next; each day is different. Just a few days earlier I had a back-breaking incident with constipation where I did not have a bowel movement for several days. The tears rolled out of my eyes, my backside hurt, and I could not do anything except push. For four hours I struggled and by the time the doctor arrived I was lying on my stomach on the bed, gasping. Parkinson’s is known for causing constipation; check with your doctor and take the right natural medicine.  No two days with Parkinson’s is the same; you may wake up in the morning and feel happy with your life or you may wake up depressed. Consult a doctor for the best advice.

No comments: