Things you can do to keep active include:
· Playing games where words and puzzles are involved as it exercises the brain and keeps you in the loop.
· Work in your garden for fifteen minutes or so. Clip the dry leaves, pull some weeds, water the plants.
· Don’t isolate yourself from your friends. You want to live as normal a life as possible. Arrange a card game for your friends or go to the cinema once in a while.
· Have a nap in the afternoons; it refreshes you.
· Meet your friends and go out for tea or go for a walk to the park. Don’t let the words – I don’t feel well – become part of your repertoire.
· Get a novel from the library once or twice a week and curl up on the couch.
· Most of all stay positive and tell yourself every morning when you wake up that it is going to be a great day. Remember, not all days are rough days and everyone gets older; not only P.D. sufferers.
· Do stretching exercises twice a day and keep on the move. Don’t let stiffness set in.
· Say thank you to God for reminding you that life is not to be taken for granted and giving you the wisdom and strength to look after yourself. The mind is a wonderful thing; it can heal.