My blogs accept advertising, ads and links Writing for more than 40 years Winner of Sunday Times Literary Award for Confessions of a Gambler
May 26, 2012
Is your guy losing interest in the relationship?
Does he come home from the office and say that he has to go out again after supper? Does he change his clothing, put on cologne and over check his appearance in the mirror? Trust your instinct. If he does not have a late meeting with the boss for a promotion, he is probably up to something. Maybe it is a surprise for you? Who knows? You have to test the waters to see if you are right or you will be suspicious forever. Women know long before the axe falls when there is trouble. Still, don’t jump the gun. Test it out and be sure before you ask him anything. Here is a quick way to find out if the relationship is changing.
• Call him at the office and ask him if he wants to have lunch with you at his favorite restaurant. Tell him it’s your treat for being such a great guy. If he says he has another appointment for lunch, give him the benefit of the doubt and let it go.
• Wait a day or two, don’t question him on his whereabouts and for supper prepare a nice meal. Wear something slinky and wear his favorite fragrance. Lay the table and on his plate place a folded card with the words: Booty call? Watch for his reaction. Is it spontaneous and romantic or does he show annoyance? This is a huge test as a man who is in love with a woman will do anything to get under the sheets.
• You have one last thing you can do. Ask him where he is going to every night as you would like to know. If he is anxious to explain to you and assure you that nothing between you has changed, you can breathe a soft sigh of relief. If he waves it off and says half heartedly that you are imagining things but don’t sound too convincing, you are probably in the beginning stages of a failing relationship.
• Mull over the suggestions above and determine whether you have something to worry about. You know him better than anyone. Do you feel that your suspicions are warranted and that he has changed towards you? Then probably you are right.
Saving money as a single parent in the US
If you are a single mom living in America there are many ways to save money to be able to survive. According to the US Census Bureau in 2006 there were approximately 14 million single parents responsible for raising 21.6 million children. Child care subsidies and public health insurance can help, but it is not enough. Here is a list of things you can do to put a little extra money in your pocket whether you live in the US or not.
• Use coupons and buy items which are on sale. This can save you dollars which can be used elsewhere.
• Buy generic household items; there is very little difference between regular and generic. You can purchase paper products, clothing, prescriptions, toiletries and many other items with coupons. You also have great savings with generic prescriptions.
• Shop at discount stores and buy certain items like toilet paper and canned goods in bulk. These are items you always need.
• Buy clothes that do not require dry cleaning and that you can wash yourself. This will save you money over the long run.
• Buy make up and hair tint from a drugstore and do your own nails and hair.
• Here is a big one if you are desperate: buy a used car and sell your newer model to give you some big cash where you can buy a cheaper car and save a few hundred.
• If you foresee a tough month or two ahead, you can also temporarily cancel your cable and internet service until you can afford to have it again.
• Shop at superstores where you can buy in bulk and save a lot. Buy your grains, seeds, beans and nuts at places like Target and Wal-Mart.
• If you want some weekend entertainment for the kids and have no money left, call the library or the museum to see what activities they have planned. Following these simple suggestions will ensure you have more money to spend.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)